Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cynthia McKinney And the Two Party System

With the Green Party's nomination of Cynthia McKinney, I have no choice but to vote for Obama. In recent weeks, Barack's move to the right and his pandering to MENSA members who watch Access Hollywood and follow NASCAR have made me question whether I should continue my support for him. I even pondered whether I would vote for Nader.

But the Greens made my decision a no-brainer by nominating McKinney. As a registered Green from about 2000 to 2007, I can say that I support 80% of the party platform. But its members, activists, candidates, and elected officials are, for the most part (maybe 80% plus), downright loopy. As in, I would not want to be stuck on a deserted island, or even a malfunctioning elevator, with one. (Matt Gonzalez is the exception.)

Well, Barack, there is very little chance that the ultra-liberal wing of the Democratic Party will flock to the Greens this November. As the proverbial lesser of two evils (Obama v. McKinney), you win.

A dash of crazy.

Maybe two.

CKY

No comments: