Friday, September 19, 2008

ISO: Fidia

I have never been a big fan of ISOs. I found them to be overly bulky, ill-proportioned, and not very sporting. But I instantly became a fan of ISO when I saw for the first time a Fidia featured in today's edition of Jalopnik's Down on the Street. I didn't know that they made a sedan!


There's something about odd/rare 1960s and '70s European luxo-sports sedans that gets to me. This behemoth is a perfect example. At 4790mm (almost 16 feet), it is too long for most European city streets. The Giugiaro-penned bodies come with Corvette's 327 and 350 engines as power plants. It competed with the likes of the first generation Quattroporte. Between 1967 and 1974, just 192 models were produced.

The Fidia is overly bulky, ill-proportioned, and not very sporting, but I think it is one of the most beautiful sedans ever made.





CKY

Photo credits: Michael Ward and Jojo Cence.

No comments: