Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're Number 26,545!


I looked up this blog tonight on Technorati and found out it's the 26,545th most popular blog in the world.* That doesn't sound like much to brag about but it does to me.

I started this blog in 2006 on a lark. I just wanted to write something that was not work-related. I wanted to write about things that interested me-- odd French cars, Central Asian issues, James Bond movies, unusual trips I've taken. I never expected this blog to receive thousands of hits per day (and it hasn't). There are simply not that many people out there in the world who are interested in odd French cars, Central Asian issues, James Bond movies, and unusual trips some random guy has taken.

But more than a handful of people are curious. People like you. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to visit and (hopefully) enjoy this blog on a regular basis. I try my best to think of interesting topics to post.

With that, here's to hoping that we move up to #26,544!

*This blog ranked #51 in the Motorsports category. How did that happen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off, I have been following this blog (lurking) for quite awhile. I enjoy that the subject matter is unique. ( I must admit that I was naive about the extent of the central asian turmoil). I wish you continued success.