Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hoping for Ho-Pin (Tung)


I'm closer to picking a new favorite driver and team. And the reason is oh-so-arbitrary. Word has it that Renault, which no longer has ING as a sponsor, is re-introducing their old school yellow and black livery. That is enough for me to lean towards them.

Now as to the driver, I have forgiven Kubica for taking away Heidfeld's only real chance of winning a race. For now, the Pole is my provisional favorite driver. But if Ho-Pin Tung gets the 2nd seat, the Chinese-Dutchman will become my favorite. Though the media thinks he is more likely to be offered the test/reserve driver spot, his ability to reach the Chinese market may mean more advertising backers-- that would certainly help the cash-strapped team.


2 comments:

F1 Outsider said...

I thought you said no rookies?

"3. No rookie drivers. (13 left.)"

I'd choose Kobyashi. He's shown some flare and having competed in 2 races in the 09 season, he's technically not a rookie. Not that it matters to me.

There's also always the remote chance that Takuma Sato will return. He was fun to watch.

After Barrichello, Massa, Senna & Di Grassi (my countrymen), Kobyashi's who I'll be cheering for as well.

Maxichamp said...

Rules were meant to be broken, like Rule No. 2: No Kubica.

Kobayashi certainly leads all other drivers in terms of amount of exciting maneuvers per lap. That guy is a mad man!