Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Jerry Brown's 1-800 Number


1-800-426-1112.

I can't believe I still remember that number. As an idealistic high schooler, I was a fervent supporter of Brown for president. My senior year poli sci project was about my work on his campaign. My first car accident (of two in my whole life) took place as I was leaving a campaign rally in Venice Beach (I got to shake Gov. Moonbeam's hand). I even had a Brown for president bumper sticker on my Isuzu Impulse SE.

Well, much has happened since '92. I am more realistic. I pay taxes. I am more cynical. And the Golden State is a lot less golden. I don't know how I'm going to vote. But if this state is going to turn around, it has to confront (and possibly eliminate) Prop. 13 and the whole propositions process.

P.S. I just tried that number. It belongs to Brown's campaign.

No comments: