Saturday, September 25, 2010

2010 Orinda Car Show photos

Fall is here and rain is coming.  This is the last car show of the year.

Two Aston Martins, old and semi-new.  I had no idea Aston Martin made pre-war cars.  Also, I've never seen a live DB7 Zagato before.

Odd, double bubble rear windshield.


Supercharged Studebaker Avanti.

This is my favorite car at the show.  Alpina BMW 2800CS.  The bumper-less front and rear ends make it look like a boat.

I have to research the meaning behind the Alpina logo.

Saab Monte Carlo 850

This ain't the Bible Belt.

White Jags.

Swiss and American army rigs.

Pinzgauer.

Ferrari 330GT "Chinese eyes"

Those curves!

Obligatory spectator lot shot.

2009 Orinda Car Show pics here.

4 comments:

Ozmac said...

Good to see another Saab 850 still out and about. I remember the sound of that little two-stroke putt-putt engine of my neighbour's Saab 850. Didn't sound great, but the car always went well enough.

longrooffan said...

Jez Man!! With every image I had the thought this was the coolest car yet until I got to the next one. Excellent compilation of some cool and rare automobiles. I, too, liked the Alpina best but the justipication of the Astons is especially nice. Thanks for sharing. Down here in summertime, hot, humid sunny Florida our car show season is just beginning. I can't wait!

MattC said...

The Aston Martin's rear kind of reminds me of a TVR (not that it is a bad thing)

Maxichamp said...

@Ozmac: There was an almost identical Saab (white/beige) parked next to the Monte Carlo. An elderly lady drives it regularly around town. That is a cool grannie.

@longroof: For a town of around 7,000, it's got a high concentration of hoon-tastic cars. The Astons were parked right next to the ticket booth. As soon as I saw them, I knew it was going to be a memorable show. A couple of years ago, the car by the entrance was a new Ford GT with Gulf livery.

I am debating whether or not to post pics of a Pontiac Fiero there. It was the most immaculately clean and original Fiero I've ever seen.

@MattC: The rear end is curvy like a TVR. I agree.