Monday, September 27, 2010

Ushuaia airport in Tierra del Fuego

Airport at center left.  Credit.

I can't believe it.  After years of daydreaming and map-staring, I finally pulled the proverbial trigger and bought my plane tickets for my South America trip.  One of the airports I will be visiting is at the End of the World, at the southern tip of South America.

It is officially called Aeropuerto Ushuaia-Malvinas Argentina.  (The name really threw me off when I was booking the tickets; I thought I was going to land in a field of sheep near Stanley.)  Apparently, Argentina wants to perpetuate the legal fiction that it still owns the Falklands.  It's kind of like the government in Taiwan continuing to have legislators representing all the provinces of China even after losing the civil war to the Reds.


Well, what can I say?  It's beautiful.  I'm getting a new camera to document everything.  Prepare to be bored with the ultimate 14 megapixel vacation "slideshow".

1 comment:

F1Outsider said...

Great news!! I Hope you have an amazing trip!