Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Loneliest Road In America, next month


In May, I created a summer travel To Do list.  Since then, I have visited a tremendous Maserati museum, a comprehensive Shelby collection, and witnessed Vettel's sole brain fart of the season in a wet Montreal.  Wow, I am a lucky son of a gun.

Well, there remains one item on the list.  A drive on Nevada's Highway 50.  This will happen in October.  The plan is to drive from California to Ely via 50.  A quick tour of Great Basin National Park. And returning via Interstate 80, with a meal stop at a Basque eatery in Winnemucca.  The highlight?  I will be driving one of these cars!

3 comments:

midelectric said...

When in Nevada, you must sample the local flavor and travel in a Suzuki Reno, a motorcar designed with the Nevada driver in mind.

If you find yourself playing chicken with one of those Google robot-driven cars, just remember the KITT v. KARR episode from Knight Rider.

Maxichamp said...

@midelectric: Am I supposed to be KITT or KARR?

midelectric said...

Being Google, I'm pretty sure their cars would be programmed to act primarily in its own interest...hence, you are KITT. Do not swerve.