Monday, November 19, 2012

2012 F1 USGP weekend photos

I am BACK!  I had an unbelievable time.  A full debrief will be posted on Hooniverse tomorrow (hopefully, as I am pretty tired right now).  But here are my photos and some quick thoughts.

On Saturday night, Austin shut down its Sixth Street district for Fanfest.  Lots of food, booze, live music, and F1 team exhibits.  David Coulthard and I passed each other on the sidewalk!


We arrived at the racetrack early Sunday morning in anticipation of the dreaded traffic.  Our seats were at the very end/top of Turn 1.  The elevation change from the start/finish to the top of the hill was brilliant.



Security courtesy the Texas National Guard.


Just before the start.

The first turn on the first lap.  The weather was perfect.


Here is Alonso, the guy I was rooting for, finishing third.




Here is American TV star Matt LeBlanc.  My friend had more balls and asked for a picture.  LeBlanc, who looked tired after the race, was a good sport and acquiesced.  The photo turned out great.


I gained 2.5 pounds eating BBQ and free breakfast hotel food over the weekend.  For lunch today, I was in San Antonio and ate two enchiladas, a tamale, a hard shelled taco, rice, beans, chips, salsa, and a gallon of iced tea.


At first, I thought today's national paper did not mention the F1 race at all.  In fact, it was in the second sports section of the paper, on the last page.


This was the coolest car I had spotted all weekend.  Bentley Turbo RT Mulliner.  Bad.  Ass.


No comments: