Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Crossing guard cars

A couple of months ago, I started working out with a trainer in Albany. I go through this intersection twice a week and noticed the kind crossing guard drove this Porsche to work everyday! He's an old timer and probably just works/volunteers for the hell of it.


This reminds me of my crossing guard when I was in elementary school in 1980s Orange County. In order for me to walk to school, I had to cross a very dangerous intersection. So there was a crossing guard stationed there...just for me. I attended a very small school and nobody else used that intersection. My crossing guard was an old lady with granny sunglasses and a brand new Dodge Daytona like this one, but in silver. In retrospect, I can't believe the school district had a crossing guard for just one student!



1 comment:

Pete Dushenski said...

If that crossing guard wasn't semi-retired before, if he holds onto that air-cooled Porsche, he will be soon !