Thursday, August 11, 2016

Eating the Globe: Iran


I was stuck in Marin County during rush hour so I decided to have Persian. This place had 4-1/2 stars on Yelp so I thought it would be a safe bet. Wrong! Sad!

I ordered:
GHORMEH SABZI – Sautéed herbs (Italian parsley, curly parsley, cilantro, green onions, scallions, spinach, leeks and fenugreek “shambalileh”) slow cooked with kidney beans, Persian dried limes “Limo Omani” and cubed stew meat served with saffron rice 

You know when you eat something and you can just tell they didn't put any love in the food? Well, this stew had no love. And I don't know how many limes were in my stew, but the whole thing tasted like vinegar. Really bummed.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have Russian with Augie!

Countries tried so far:
Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa
Asia: Afghanistan, Burma, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Yemen
Europe: Bosnia, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
North America: Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, USA
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela
Oceania: Samoa, Tonga

No comments: